We have all grown up being told how important exercise is by our doctors, parents, and teachers. That is why as kids, they made sure to give us recess and gym class to get us moving. Most of us also probably remember how easy it was to run, jump, and climb around without being left winded, tired, and sore. As we get older, we may find it hard to be active, and while we may never have the energy we had as kids, we can still obtain some level of it to help keep us healthy. After all, when done correctly, exercise provides an abundance of benefits.
• Improve Brain Health
- Our brain relies on oxygen to survive and function, exercising is a great way to increase oxygen to the brain since it increases your heart rate which in turn increases blood flow. This can also allow for an increase production of hormones that aid in maintaining the brain size and function. Exercising can combat inflammation and oxidative stress within the body which can lead to changes in the structure and function of the brain. It can also aid in reducing feelings of stress and anxiety which can have negative effects on the brain.
Improve Bone and Muscle Strength
- Exercise is a known method of increasing your strength. As we get older our muscles being to weaken as we lose muscle mass. Regular exercise and a proper diet can help you maintain your strength as you get older and help combat muscle atrophy. High impact exercise can help increase bone density, especially when you are young, this can help against later life diseases such as osteoporosis.
Reduce Disease Risk
- Regular diet and exercise can help you combat many diseases and disorders. This include but are not limited to diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and heart disease. Diet and exercise help improve organ functioning by providing proper nutrients while reducing stress on the body from excessive weight and bodily fat.
Enhance Daily Life
- Exercise helps keep you mobile, so it is easier for you to go about your daily life especially as you get older. It can also help improve your mood as it promotes brain function which can increase hormones that make us feel good. You may notice an increase in energy and even better sleep quality.
Improve Weight Management
- Too much or too little weight can have serious negative effects on our health by interrupting bodily functions and increasing our risks of diseases and disorders. Diet and exercise combined can help you reach the weight you want, whether you want to gain, lose, or maintain your current weight. Reducing weight can ease stress off of joints and your heart and gaining weight can make it easier for your organs to function as it is easier for them to get the nutrients they need. Either way, your body will feel better, and you will find it easier to go about your daily life.
Enhance Your Exercise
- Exercising alone can do wonders for you body, but there are ways to get the most out of it. On top of eating well, you can discuss with your doctor about taking daily nutritional supplements. While it is best to avoid overly caffeinated preworkouts, natural supplements can help your body enhance and recover better. Calcium as we all know is good for your bones, but it is also great for muscle contraction, heart rhythm, and it plays a role in blood clotting. Turmeric supplements, like the ones sold by Vidafy, offer anti-inflammatory effects and antioxidants thanks to the curcumin found within it. This can ease soreness from your workouts. And iron helps your body produce hemoglobin which transports oxygen all around your body. There are many supplements you can take to aid your health. Talk with your doctor to see which may be most beneficial for you in regard to your diet and level of activity.